Are you dealing with unsightly oil stains on your kitchen tiles? With the proper knowledge, these seemingly persistent stains can be easier to remove. But don’t worry! We have all the information you need to quickly eliminate oil stains and make your kitchen tiles look spick and span!
This article will explain how to remove oil stains from kitchen tiles like a pro using simple yet effective methods. Read on for all the tips and tricks you need to keep your kitchen tiles looking squeaky clean!
General Tips for Removing Oil Stains from Kitchen Tiles
The best thing to do when dealing with oil stains is to act fast. The oil absorbs into tiles quickly and can be more challenging to remove if left for too long. Here are some general tips you should keep in mind when removing oil stains from your kitchen tiles:
Use only absorbent materials
Use only absorbent materials such as paper towels or a cloth to blot up any excess oil on the tile’s surface; do not rub it.
Test the cleaning solution
Always test the cleaning solution on a small tile area first to ensure it won’t damage the surface or colour.
Apply it gently
Apply the cleaning solution with a soft cloth, scrubbing gently in a circular motion.
Use an old toothbrush to get into any hard-to-reach areas.
Rinse the area
After cleaning, rinse the area thoroughly with clean water and dry it with a soft cloth.
Cleaning Products That Get the Job Done
You don’t have to rely on expensive cleaning products when removing oil stains from kitchen tiles. There are plenty of practical options you can find around the house. Here are a few of our favourites:
Baking soda and water paste
Create a paste with baking soda and water, apply it to the stain, let it sit for 10-15 minutes, and then scrub away.
Dishwashing liquid and warm water
Mix the dishwashing liquid with warm water and rub it on the stain with a sponge. Let it sit for a few minutes, then wipe it clean.
Vinegar and baking soda
Use a spray bottle filled with vinegar to mist the stain and let it sit for 10 minutes. Then sprinkle baking soda on the stain, let it sit for another 10 minutes, then scrub away.
Vinegar and water
Create a mixture of vinegar and water, then use a sponge to scrub the stain away. Rinse with clean water after.
Professional Solutions We Offer For Stubborn Stains
Consider professional cleaning services if you’re having difficulty removing oil stains from your kitchen tiles. Companies like Perfect Clean specialise in deep cleaning services and can help you quickly tackle the most challenging oil stains. We offer a range of robust solutions to deal with the most challenging oil stains on your kitchen tiles, like;
- We use a steam cleaner to remove particularly stubborn oil stains. The heat and pressure from the steam cleaner will get deep into the grout and loosen the stain.
- We also use a degreaser for tough oil stains to break down and make them easier to remove.
- We use a poultice powder explicitly designed for oil stains if all else fails. This will draw the oil out of your tiles and into the powder, making it much easier to remove.
- And if you’re looking for an eco-friendly solution, we offer green cleaning products made from plant-derived ingredients that are safe for your family and the environment.
Preventing Oil Stains from Reoccurring
Once you’ve removed the oil stains, how can you ensure they don’t come back? Here are a few tips to help prevent oil stains from reoccurring on your kitchen tiles:
- Regularly clean and mop the floor. Cleaning your floors regularly can keep oils and other liquids from seeping into the tiles.
- Use protective mats or rugs. Protective mats or rugs around the kitchen can help prevent spills and other liquids from ruining your tiles.
- Wipe up spills right away. If a spill occurs, be sure to wipe it up immediately. The longer a liquid sits on the tiles, the harder it will be to remove.
- Seal your tiles. Sealing kitchen tiles can create a barrier between the tile and liquids, making it harder for them to seep in and create a stain.
Following these tips can help you keep your kitchen tiles clear of oil stains and looking like new.
Removing oil stains from kitchen tiles can be a tricky job. But it doesn’t have to be impossible with the right tools and techniques. Using the tips outlined above, you can get rid of stubborn oil stains quickly and easily. If all else fails, don’t hesitate to call in the professionals! Perfect Clean is here to help you tackle oil stains and restore your kitchen tiles to their original glory. Contact us today to learn how we can help you remove oil stains from your kitchen tiles!