Is your home in dire need of a good scrub, but you're not sure where to start? You're not alone; we've all struggled with the endless list of cleaning tasks that can easily overwhelm even the most organised among us.
As professional cleaners with years of experience, we've honed our skills and accumulated essential knowledge about what goes into a basic house cleaning. So, read on for an enlightening exploration of basic house cleaning: from what it includes, how it differs from deep cleaning, right down to managing expectations when hiring professionals.
So let's dive in—cleanliness is just a read away!
- A basic house cleaning includes decluttering, dusting, and vacuuming, bathroom and kitchen cleaning, changing bed linens; and doing laundry, as well as tidying up.
- Decluttering is an important part of house cleaning, as it helps create an organised space and prevents dirt from building up over time.
- Dusting and vacuuming are essential tasks that remove dust, dirt, and allergens from surfaces and improve indoor air quality.
- Bathroom cleaning involves tasks such as cleaning the toilet, sinks, mirrors, shower, or bathtub to maintain cleanliness and prevent the spread of germs.
- Kitchen cleaning includes wiping down countertops, scrubbing stovetops or ovens to remove grease, and cleaning inside the fridge to maintain freshness.
- Changing bed linens and doing laundry are part of a basic house cleaning routine for hygiene purposes.
What is Included in a Basic House Cleaning?
A basic house cleaning includes decluttering, dusting, and vacuuming, bathroom and kitchen cleaning, changing bed linens, and doing laundry, as well as tidying up.
Decluttering is a vital part of house cleaning. Here are some steps we follow as part of the decluttering process:
- We begin by picking up any items that have cluttered the floor or tables.
- All toys, books, and other personal objects get put back in their proper places.
- Any trash found around the house goes straight into the bin.
- Items that no longer have a use or that you don't need any more get put aside for disposal or donation.
- This process helps to create an organised space and promotes a cleaner, happier home environment.
- Regular decluttering prevents dirt and grime from building up over time.
- Thus, it's vital to include this task in routine cleaning sessions.
Dusting and vacuuming
Dusting and vacuuming are important tasks included in a basic house cleaning. Here's what you need to know:
- Dusting: We make sure to dust all surfaces in your home, including furniture, shelves, and decorations. Removing dust helps keep the air clean and reduces allergies.
- Vacuuming: We thoroughly vacuum your floors, rugs, and carpets to remove dirt, dust, and pet hair. Vacuuming not only keeps your floors clean but also improves indoor air quality.
- Cleaning high-touch areas: We pay special attention to areas that are touched frequently, such as doorknobs, light switches, and handrails. Regularly cleaning these areas helps prevent the spread of germs.
- Upholstery cleaning: If requested or necessary, we can also vacuum and spot clean your upholstery to remove any stains or dirt.
- Floor mopping: In addition to vacuuming, we mop hard floor surfaces to ensure they are clean and shiny.
Bathroom cleaning is an important part of basic housekeeping. It helps to keep the bathroom clean and hygienic. Here are some tasks that are typically included in bathroom cleaning:
- Cleaning the toilet, including the bowl, seat, and tank.
- Wiping down the sink and countertops.
- Cleaning the mirror and removing any smudges or streaks.
- Scrubbing the bathtub or shower stall to remove soap scum and grime.
- Cleaning the showerhead and faucets to ensure proper functioning.
- Sweeping or mopping the bathroom floor to remove dirt and dust.
- Emptying the trash bin and replacing it with a new bag.
- Sanitising high-touch surfaces, such as doorknobs and light switches.
Cleaning the kitchen is an important part of basic housekeeping. Here are some tasks involved in kitchen cleaning:
- Wiping down countertops and surfaces to remove any spills or stains.
- Cleaning the sink and faucet, ensuring they shine and are free from grime.
- Scrubbing the stovetop and oven to remove grease and food residue.
- Cleaning the inside and outside of the microwave, ensuring it is spotless.
- Wiping down cabinets and drawers to remove fingerprints or smudges.
- Cleaning the refrigerator, both inside and out, to maintain freshness.
- Sweeping or vacuuming the floors, then mopping them for a clean finish.
Changing bed linens and doing laundry
As professional house cleaners, we understand the importance of keeping your home clean and tidy. That's why basic house cleaning includes tasks like changing bed linens and doing laundry. Here's what you can expect:
- Remove old bed linens: We take off the dirty sheets, pillowcases, and any other bedding that needs to be washed.
- Wash and dry: We gather all the dirty linens and put them in the washing machine. We use detergent and follow care instructions for each item. After they're clean, we dry them properly.
- Make the beds: Once the clean linens are ready, we neatly make your beds with fresh sheets, pillowcases, and blankets.
- Laundry tasks: If there are any additional laundry tasks you need help with, like washing towels or clothing, let us know in advance so we can include them in our cleaning routine.
During a basic house cleaning, we also make sure to tidy up the rooms and put things in their proper places. Here are some tasks included in tidying up:
- Pick up any items that may be lying around on the floor or countertops.
- Organise books, magazines, or toys that may be scattered around.
- Straighten cushions and throws on sofas and chairs.
- Fold and put away any laundry that may be left out.
- Arrange shoes neatly in a designated area or shoe rack.
- Wipe down surfaces to remove any dust or spills.
What to Ask a House Cleaner to Do
When hiring a house cleaner, it's important to clearly communicate your expectations and specific needs.
Additional tasks or specific areas to focus on
During a basic house cleaning, there are some additional tasks or specific areas that you may want to focus on. Here are some examples:
- Cleaning windows and mirrors: Make sure to wipe down all windows and mirrors to remove any smudges or fingerprints.
- Oven and stove cleaning: If your kitchen appliances have accumulated grease or food residue, ask the house cleaner to give them a thorough clean.
- Refrigerator cleaning: It's important to regularly clean out your fridge to avoid any unpleasant odours or expired food. Ask the cleaner to wipe down the shelves and drawers.
- Baseboards and trim: Dust tends to collect on baseboards and trim, so request that these areas be wiped down during the cleaning process.
- Light fixtures and ceiling fans: These often get overlooked but can accumulate dust over time. Ask the cleaner to dust off light fixtures and clean ceiling fans if needed.
- Blinds and curtains: Dust can easily settle on blinds and curtains, so requesting that these be cleaned can help improve air quality in your home.
- Organising cabinets and drawers: If you have cluttered cabinets or messy drawers, ask the house cleaner to help organise them during the cleaning process.
Any limitations or exclusions
There are a few limitations and exclusions to keep in mind when it comes to basic house cleaning. While professional house cleaners strive to cover all areas, there might be certain tasks that they don't typically include.
For example, deep cleaning projects like washing windows or scrubbing carpets may not be included in a basic clean. Additionally, some special requests or specific areas of focus might incur an additional cost.
It's important to communicate with your house cleaner about any additional tasks you'd like them to do and discuss any potential limitations or exclusions upfront.
What to Expect from a House Cleaner
When hiring a house cleaner, you can expect them to deliver high-quality cleaning services with professionalism and reliability, ensuring open communication throughout the process.
Quality of cleaning
We understand that, as Irish homeowners, you want the best quality cleaning for your house. When it comes to basic house cleaning, professional cleaners ensure thoroughness and attention to detail.
They use effective cleaning products and techniques to leave your home spotless. Proper dusting, vacuuming, mopping, and wiping surfaces are all part of maintaining a high standard of cleanliness.
Professional house cleaners also pay attention to areas like windows, mirrors, and appliances to ensure they are shining brightly. Regular home cleaning is essential for a healthy environment and prevents the buildup of dirt and grime in your living space.
Professionalism and reliability
When hiring a house cleaner, professionalism and reliability are crucial. You expect the person to arrive on time and do a thorough job. Professionalism means they should have good communication skills, be respectful of your home, and follow any specific instructions or requests you may have.
Reliability is important because you want someone who will consistently show up as scheduled and complete the cleaning tasks to a high standard. A professional house cleaner understands the importance of their role in maintaining a clean and healthy environment for you and your family.
Keep these factors in mind when choosing a house cleaner to ensure you receive top-notch service that meets your expectations.
Communication with the cleaner
Communication with the cleaner is important to ensure that your expectations are met. You can discuss any additional tasks or specific areas you want them to focus on during the cleaning process.
It's also helpful to ask if there are any limitations or exclusions to their service. Clear communication will help the cleaner understand your needs and provide a more satisfactory cleaning experience for you.
Ready for a Spotless Home?
In conclusion, a basic house cleaning includes decluttering, dusting, and vacuuming, bathroom and kitchen cleaning, changing bed linens and doing laundry, and tidying up. It is important to have regular home cleaning to maintain cleanliness and create a healthy environment.
Professional house cleaners ensure that the entire house is left spotless after the cleaning process. So, if you're looking for a clean and organised home, consider hiring a professional house cleaner for their expertise in basic house cleaning tasks.